Virginia Eye Consultants
241 Corporate Blvd United StatesNorfolk, VA 23502
- Background: Corneal and External Diseases; Cataract, Refractive and Anterior Segment Surgery
- Undergrad: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Medical School: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Residency: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Awards and Honors
- Foundation Research Grant Award, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, April 2010.
- Qualified and Listed at Trusted LASIK Surgeons, an online LASIK Directory that screen surgeons based on experience, professional credentials, and premier patient care, 2009 - present
- Kirk R. Wilhelmus Fellow Research Award, 2008
- “Best Paper of Session”, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Annual Symposium 2008
- Horizon Fellow, 2007-2008
- Florida Medical Political Action Committee Medical Student of the Year, 2001
- Scott Gross Award, 2003: Nominated by students and selected by faculty to a medical student who “is an active participant in class projects, displays a sense of humor, courage and perseverance.”
- Junior Honors Medical Program, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1999: One of twelve students accepted to an accelerated interdisciplinary undergraduate and medical school program
- American-European Ophthalmic Surgery, Founding member, 2011-present
- American Association of Ophthalmology, 2003-present
- Cornea Society, 2007-present
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, 2004-present
- Texas Medical Association, 2007-present
- Houston Ophthalmological Society, 2007-present
- American Medical Association, 1999-present - President, University of Florida chapter, 2000-2001
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2004-present
- Chicago Ophthalmological Society, 2003-2008
- Yeu E, Reeves S, Randleman B. Residency surgical training experience in advanced cataract surgery techniques, premium lenses and corneal refractive surgery: A survey of residents, fellows and young physicians. In press. J Cataract Refract Surg
- Yeu E, Wang LI, Koch DD. The Effect of Corneal Wavefront Aberrations on Corneal Pseudoaccommodation. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012 May;153 (5):972-981.
- Gumus K. Crockett C. Rao K. Yeu E. Weikert MP. Shirayama M. Hada S. Pflugfelder S. Non invasive assessment of the tear film stability in patients with tear dysfunction using the Tear Film Stability Analysis System (TSAS). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Jan 21;52(1):456-61
- Stang-Veldhouse KN, Yeu E, Rothenberg DM, Mizen TR. Unusual presentation of perioperative ischemic optic neuropathy following major spine surgery. J Clin Anesth. 2010 Feb;22(1):52-5.
- Yeu E, Grostern RJ. Saw Palmetto and Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007 May;33(5):927-8.
Other full papers:
- Hwang C, Wang L, Koch DD, Yeu E. “Comparing Central Corneal Thickness Measurements in Normal Corneas With Ultrasound, Fourier Domain Optical Coherence Tomography, Scheimpflug Imaging and Optical Biometry”, In preparation.
- Patel R., Wang L. Koch DD. Yeu E. “Pseudoaccommodation.” International Ophthalmology Clinics. 51(2):109-118, Spring 2011
- Yeu E. “Beyond Artificial Tears: Severe Dry Eye Syndrome.” Advanced Ocular Care. October 2010.
- Yeu E. Wang L. Koch DD. “Do Corneal Higher Order Aberrations Affect Pseudoaccommodation?” Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today. April 2010.
- Yeu, E, Rubenstein JB. “Management of Astigmatism During Lens-Based Surgery”. Focal Points, Clinical Modules for Ophthalmologists. February 2008.
- Yeu E, Rubenstein JB. “Peer Review: Management of Astigmatism in Cataract Surgery”. Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today. February 2007.
- Yeu E, Grob S, Brown SVL. Challenging Cases: Normal Tension Glaucoma and Serendipitous Neuroimaging. Glaucoma Today. March 2007.