ClearView Eye Consultants
428 Windmere DriveState College, PA 16801
Phone: 814 372 2389
- Undergrad: Johns Hopkins University; BA-Biology
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
- Fellowship: Minnesota Eye Consultants
Awards and Honors
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award, 2010
- Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology Distinguished Service Award, 2010
- Mitchell Prize for Excellence in Research, Wilmer Eye Institute, 2007
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center Outstanding Customer Service Award 2007
- Oliver D. Schein Research Grant Award, Wilmer Eye Institute, 2006
- American Medical Association Foundation Leadership Award, 2006
- A.E. Maumenee Research Grant Award, Wilmer Eye Institute, 2005
- W. Richard Green Research Grant Award, Wilmer Eye Institute, 2005
- W. Richard Green Medical Student Teaching Award, Wilmer Eye Institute, 2005
- Kennedy Fellowship recipient, Harvard University, 2001-2003
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Short Term Research Grant, 2001
- American Medical Association Government Relations Internship Award Recipient, 1999
- Johns Hopkins School of Arts & Sciences Honors; Department of Biology Honors, 1998
- Johns Hopkins University Student Excellence Award for Leadership & Service (SEALS), 1998
- Phi Beta Kappa Arts & Sciences Honor Society, 1998
- Johns Hopkins University Student Council Award for Outstanding Leadership, 1997
- American Heart Association Student Scholarship for Research in Cerebrovascular Disease, 1997
- Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society, 1997
- Maryland Distinguished Scholarship recipient, 1994-98
- Vanguard Ophthalmology Society
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Parekh PD, Samuelson TW. Multifocal IOLs and glaucoma—how much is too much? In: Chang DF, ed. Mastering Refractive IOLs: The Art and Science. Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated; 2008:386-388.
- Parekh PD, Davis EA. LASIK Techniques. In: Dunn JP, Langer PD, ed. Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, San Francisco, CA: American Academy of Ophthalmology; 2009: 143-150.
- Parekh PD, Davis EA. Prevention and Treatment of Haze in Refractive Surgery. International Ophthalmology Clinics; Winter 2008; 48(1): 29-40.
- Parekh PD, Stark WJ, Green WR, Akpek, EK. Electron Microscopic Investigation of the Lens Capsule and Conjunctival Tissues in Individuals with Clinically Unilateral Pseudoexfoliation Syndrome. Ophthalmology; 2008 April; 115(4): 614-19.
- Parekh PD, Akpek EA, Green WG, Stark WJ. Subluxation of Suture-Fixated Intraocular Lenses. Ophthalmology; 2007 February; 114(2): 232-37.
- Parekh PD & Ansari H. Resident Insight, a monthly column in Ophthalmology Times, a nationally circulated publication for the ophthalmology community, 1/2006-2009
- Jampel HD, Parekh PD, Johnson E, Miller RB. Chart Documentation by General Physicians of the Glaucoma Medications Taken by Their Patients. American Journal of Ophthalmology; 2005 August; 140(2): 344-45.
- Jampel HD, Parekh, PD, Johnson E, Robin AL, Miller RB. Preferences for Eye Drop Characteristics Among Glaucoma Specialists: A Willingness to Pay Analysis. Journal of Glaucoma; 2005 April; 14(2): 151-156.
- Stone RA, Quinn GE, Francis EL, Ying G, Flitcroft DI, Parekh PD, Brown J, Orlow J, Schmid G.
- Diurnal Axial Length Fluctuations in Human Eyes. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences (IOVS); 2004 January; 45(1):63-70.
- Suarez JI, Qureshi AI, Yahia AB, Parekh PD, Tamargo RJ, Williams MA, Ulatowski JA, Hanley DF, Razumovsky AY. Symptomatic Vasospasm Diagnosis After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Evaluation of Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound and Cerebral Angiography as Related to Compromised Vascular Distribution. Critical Care Medicine. 2002 June; 30(6):1348-55.
- Qureshi AI, Suarez JI, Parekh PD, Bhardwaj A. Prediction and Timing of Tracheostomy in Patients with Infratentorial Lesions Requiring Mechanical Ventilatory Support. Critical Care Medicine. 2000 May; 28(5):1383-7.
- Suarez JI, Qureshi AI, Parekh PD, Razumovsky A, Tamargo RJ, Bhardwaj A, Ulatowski JA. Administration of Hypertonic (3%) Sodium Chloride/Acetate in Hyponatremic Patients with Symptomatic Vasospasm Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology. 1999 July; 11(3):178-84.
- Qureshi AI, Suarez JI, Parekh PD, Sung G, Geocadin R, Bhardwaj A, Tamargo RJ, Ulatowski JA.
- Risk Factors for Multiple Intracranial Aneurysms. Neurosurgery. 1998 July; 43(1):22-6; discussion 26-7.