Minnesota Eye Consultants
710 E. 24th St, Suite 100Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 813-3600
- Undergrad: University of Kansas
- Medical School: Johns Hopkins
- Residency: Duke
- Fellowship: Minnesota Eye Consultants
Awards and Honors
- 2010 - Poster of Interest, 2010 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons Annual meeting
- 2006 Claes Dohlman Society Award
- 2005 K. Alexander Dastgheib Eye Surgery Award, Duke University Eye Center
- 2005 Ocular Innovation Award, Duke University Eye Center
- 2005 National Eye Institute Travel Grant Award, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Annual Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2004 Co-recipient, American Academy of Ophthalmology Star Award
- 2004 American Medical Association Foundation Leadership Award
- 2001 Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute Dana Center Student Award
- 2000 Henry Strong Denison Award for Excellence in Research
- 1999 Sibley and Catherine Hoobler Award for Excellence in Public Health and Medicine
- 1999 - 2000 Watt/Hansell Endowment Scholar (100% scholarship for Johns Hopkins School of Public Health MPH program)
- 1997 – 1998 Dean’s Summer Research Fund Award, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- 1996 - 1999 Hamilton Smith, M.D. Scholar
- 1996 - 1997 Buckby Medical Scholar, Sigma Chi Foundation
- 1996 Agnes Wright Strickland Award, University of Kansas (For outstanding leadership, academic achievement and service to the University. One of two awardees, bestowed by the Chancellor at University Commencement)
- 1995 Harry S. Truman Scholar, Truman Scholarship Foundation
- 1995 Phi Beta Kappa, University of Kansas
- 1995 KU Hilltopper Award, University of Kansas(One of six outstanding KU leaders)
- 1993 George C. Ruhle Outstanding Scholar, Sigma Chi Fraternity (Top scholar of the International Sigma Chi Fraternity)
- 1989 Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- The Cornea Society
- nternational Society of Refractive Surgery
- Vanguard Ophthalmology Society
Peer reviewed publications:
- Yeu L, Reeves SW, Wang L, Randleman JB. Resident Surgical Experience with Lens and Corneal Refractive Surgery: A Survey of the ASCRS Young Physicians and Residents Membership. J Cataract Refract Surg (Accepted Sept. 2012, in press)
- Lee BS, Lindstrom RL, Reeves SW, Hardten DR. Modern management of astigmatism. International Ophthalmology Clinics (May 2012, in press)
- Reeves, SW. Refractive surgical problem: July consultation #2. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011 Jul;37(7):1366-7.
- Reeves SW, Kang PC, Zlogar DF, Gupta PK, Stinnett S, Afshari NA. Recurrent Corneal Erosion Syndrome: A Study of 364 Episodes. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 2010 Mar 9:1-2
- Reeves SW. Advances in cataract surgery and intraocular lenses. Minn Med. 2009 Jun;92(6):38-40.
- Reeves SW, Ellwein LB, Kim T, Constantine R, Lee PP. Keratoconus in the Medicare Population. Cornea 2009 Jan;28(1):40-2.
- Reeves SW, Sloan FA, Lee PP, Jaffe GJ. Uveitis in the Elderly: Epidemiological data from the National Long Term Care Medicare Cohort. Ophthalmology 2006;113:302-307.
- Reeves SW, Stinnett S, Adelman RA, Afshari NA. Risk factors for progression to penetrating keratoplasty in patients with keratoconus. Am J Ophthalmology, 2005; 140(4): 607-11.
- Reeves SW, Miele DL, Woodward JA, Cummings TJ, Eales MC, Kurz P, Cooney MJ. Orbital lymphangioma presenting with retinal folds. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005;123:1756-1758.
- Freedman DS, Reeves SW, Bass EB, Lubomski LH, Fleisher LA, Schein OD. Patient preferences for anesthesia management during cataract surgery. Br J Ophthalmol. 2004 Mar;88(3):333-5.
- Reeves SW, Tielsch J, Katz, J, Bass E, Schein OD. A Self-Administered Health Questionnaire for the Preoperative Risk Stratification of Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003 May;135(5):599-606.
- Reeves SW, Friedman DS, Fleisher LA, Lubomski LH, Schein OD, Bass ED. A decision analysis of anesthesia management for cataract surgery. Am J Ophthalmol. 2001 Oct;132(4):528-36.
- Schein OD, Friedman DS, Fleisher LA, Lubomski LS, Magaziner MS, Kempen JK, Reeves SW, Robinson KA, Bass EB. Anesthesia management during cataract surgery. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment, No. 16., U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research Publication No. 01-E017, Rockville,MD, Dec. 2001.
Book Chapters / Monographs:
- Reeves SW, Davis EA. Surgical Treatment of Presbyopia. American Academy of Ophthalmology Focal Points Series, Vol XXVII, No.7, September 2009.
- Reeves SW, Lindstrom RL. Preparing the Ocular Surface, In: Mastering Refractive IOLs—The Art and the Science: A Clinical Manual; Chang DF, Ed. Slack, Inc. Thorofare NJ, 2008
- Reeves SW, Davis EA. Pregnancy and the Eye. In: Principles and Practice of Ophthalmology, Third Edition; Albert DM, Miller JW, Azar DT and Blodi B Eds. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 2008
- Afshari NA, Reeves SW, Kenyon KR, Pineda R. Recurrent epithelial erosion syndrome. In: Principles and Practice of Ophthalmology, Third Edition; Albert DM, Miller JW, Azar DT and Blodi B, Eds. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 2008
- Reeves SW, Cohen EJ, Kim T., Corneal Infections. In: Ophthalmology Secrets – In Color, 3Rd Edition. Vander JF, Gault JA, Eds. Hanlery & Belfus, Philadelphia. 2007.
- Reeves SW. Retinal Vein Occlusions. In: Duke University's All About Your Eyes, Weizer JS, Fekrat S Eds. Duke University Press, Durham, NC and London, UK 2006; 89-90.
- Reeves SW. Retinal Artery Occlusions. In: Duke University's All About Your Eyes, Weizer JS, Fekrat S Eds. Duke University Press, Durham, NC and London, UK 2006;91-92.
News Media Articles / Editorials
- Gupta PK, Reeves SW. A Cornea Specialist’s Approach to the Refractive Surgery Evaluation. Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today Europe. September 2011.
- Reeves SW. Update on Cataract Surgery and Intraocular Lenses. Minnesota Health Care News. July 2011.
- Reeves SW. Practice Building: Pearls for the Young Ophthalmologist. Practice Management Pearls Quarterly Newsletter, American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives, July 2009.
- Reeves SW. Looking back…looking ahead. EyeWorld Magazine World View editorial. EyeWorld, Dec 2007;12(12):12.
- Reeves SW, Kim T. Ophthalmic Pearls: How to Perform an Anterior Vitrectomy. EyeNet Magazine. American Academy of Ophthalmology, April 2004;10(6):33-35.